Klinger making history
A success story based on innovation, reliability and dedication to quality.
1886 – 1928
- In the year 1886 Richard Klinger opens up a small workshop in Vienna.
- A mere four years later he invents the reflex level gauge.
- In 1893 the plant in Gumpoldskirchen is put into Operation.
- Creation of the "KLINGERit", the revolutionary calendared compressed fibre gasket material.
1928 – 1957
- Karl Klinger takes over the business.
- "KLINGERit", an oil resistant jointing material with wire mesh, is developed for head gaskets in combustion engines.
- The connection to the automotive industry opens up a new market segment - the production of brake pads.
1957 – 1984
- Hubert Klinger-Lohr becomes the new managing director of the Group.
- Expansion of manufacturing sites and build-up of a European distribution network with a 24/7 service.
- Development of PTFE sealing materials and introduction of KLINGERsil, the world's first asbestos-free jointing material.
- Production of large industrial-scale ball valves - Ballostar®.
1984 – 2012
- Merger of the automotive segment with the German market leader Elring.
- Opening of a new, modern production plant for large-scale ball valves as an expansion of the R & D unit in Gumpoldskirchen.
- Introduction of a revolutionary high-temperature sealing material, KLINGER® Quantum.
- Opening of new subsidiaries in Russia, Thailand and China.
- Group management under Daniel Schibli, Christoph Klinger-Lohr and Peter Müller.
- Strategic acquisitions in target segments and regions (Oil & Gas, Marine, US, Africa)
- Focus on services and organic growth outside of Europe.