KLINGER is your partner for the development, manufacturing and worldwide distribution of industrial valves (DN 10 – DN 3000).
KLINGER offers a wide range of industrial valves, including ball valves, butterfly valves, piston valves, gate valves, globe valves, check valves, knife gate valves, plug valves, bellow seal valves, control valves, and safety valves. Our valves are known for their high reliability, long life cycle, and low total cost of ownership.
Our valves are used in a variety of industries and meet even the most demanding specifications. They are suitable for a wide range of applications and media, including liquids, gases, and solids.
Products on this page
KLINGER ball valves - Ballostar & Monoball Range
Ball valves, due to their main characteristics, are highly versatile in terms of fluid handling and among the most popular valves found in the industry. Ball valves feature a quick closing ¼ turn, which is usually achieved by means of a lever, thus allowing for simple operation.
KLINGER ball valves meet even the most demanding specifications. They are used in a wide range of industries. At KLINGER, your ball valve manufacturer of choice, we focus on the highest quality levels, reduced maintenance requirements and global service. Last but not least, our fully automated production of ball valves with up to DN 1000 makes us stand out even further among the competition.
Facts ball valves
- Industrial, fully maintenance-free ball valves
- Industrial ball valves support pressurization on either side
- Industrial ball valve circular bore guarantees flow characteristic similar to a pipe
KLINGER ball valves - INTEC Range
Our industrial ball valves are important components in process engineering systems of all main sectors for the maintenance of transport and production processes. The functional area of responsibility ranges from shutting off, throttling and regulating material flows (solid-containing, liquid or gaseous) in piping systems up to opening and closing processes in piping systems.
The sometimes extreme operating conditions (pressure, temperature, medium) and the safety requirements in the process and control technology require our detailed technical knowledge and application experience for the differentiated design and manufacturing of the industrial ball valves.
- INTEC K100 / Miniplant ball valves
- INTEC K200 / Flanged ball valves (2-pcs.)
- INTEC K200-K / Wafer type ball valves
- INTEC K204-S-D / Steam ball valves
- INTEC K400 / Multiple way ball balves
- INTEC K500 / Tank bottom ball valves
- INTEC K600 / Pressure gauge ball valves
- INTEC K700 / Sampling device ball valves
- INTEC K811 / High pressure ball valves (3-pcs.)
Facts Intec Ball valves
- INTEC system technology
- High performance standard ball valves
- Customized ball valves
- System of modular principle
- Guaranteed highest security and availability
- Withstand aggressive media, extreme pressures, high and low temperatures and frequent switching
- Suitable for liquid, gaseous and solid-containing media
- Metallic seal between ball and seat ring absolutely gas tight
- Meet the highest requirements of fugitive emissions and make a significant contribuiton to environmental protection
- Maintenance-free executions
- Long service life
KLINGER WESTAD butterfly valves
Butterfly valves regulate or isolate the flow of a liquid medium by means of a rotatable disk. Similar to ball valves, butterfly valves are also characterized by their quick operation. As a quarter-turn valve, fully opening or closing the valve is achieved by rotating the disk a quarter of a turn.
The KLINGER Westad butterfly valves are designed to meet demanding challenges in terms of different media, pressure and temperature. Ideally, they are used for LNG, LPG, chemical and other critical applications. The housing is available in the dimensions DN 80 to 1000.
KLINGER WESTAD Scorpio 2X
After more than 120 years of valves manufacturing, WESTAD has designed a valve for special applications that will perform under extreme conditions. The Scorpio 2X butterfly valve is available in lug, wafer and flange design.
KLINGER WESTAD Cryoseal 2X
This product was especially designed for the LNG segment. The top flange drilling is line with ISO 5211 standards and therefore fits a large range of gears and actuators. The Cryoseal 2X butterfly valve comes equipped with an PTFE sealing and is also available with copper sealing. To prevent internal stress in the bonnet during the cool-down period, all bonnet joints are bolted. This bonnet is extended to ensure that the gland area remains free from freezing and make the valve suitable for temperatures down to -196°C.
Facts Butterfly valves
- Developed for use in LNG-, LPG/LEG-, chemical-, oil-, sea water systems, etc.
- Bi-directional at full pressure rating
- Free access to stuffing box and gland
- Bonnet & shaft extensions available
- Fire safe acc. API 607
- Flange and pressure rating according to ISO PN 10/16/20/25/40/50, ANSI Class 150/300 and JIS 10K/16K
KLINGER piston valves
Piston valves stand for excellent industry performance with their minimum maintenance requirements and production savings. KLINGER piston valves are characterized by a system of seals and rings that ensures tightness to atmosphere and thus prevents environmental contamination.
KLINGER has been at the forefront of piston valve technology since 1922. Featuring different types of connections – flanged, threaded, butt and socket weld ends – and both DIN and ANSI-compliant standards, KLINGER piston valves complete the wide range of KLINGER’s industrial valves.
Facts Piston valves
- Excellent control characteristics
- Low maintenance
- Suitable for steam condensate-alternating operations as well as for temperature shock operations
- No sealing surface erosion
- Revisable without removal from pipe system
Gate valves are primarily used to enable or prevent a fluid medium to flow (i.e. ON / OFF control). A fully open gate valve results in no obstruction to the flow path, thus allowing for very low friction losses.
Facts Gate Valves
- Threaded and flanged gate valve designs
- Depending on gate valve design, suitable for water and liquids with abrasive particles, saturated steam, oil, air and gas
- Non-rising stem
- Flanged gate valve features slider vulcanized with rubber to guarantee tight shut-off
Globe valves are primarily found in fluid regulation applications. Their (semi-) spherical form is comprised of two body halves, separated by an internal baffle. Shutting the globe valve is achieved by means of a disk, which screws into the seat of the battle by means of a handwheel or actuation. As opposed to ball valves, the flow of the medium is not direct and in one direction, instead the fluid enters and rises inside of the body of the valve prior to exiting on the other side.
Facts Globe Valves
- Wide range of body materials, including cast iron, ductile cast iron, SG-iron steel, and stainless steel
- Flanged and threaded globe valve designs
- Depending on product type, suitable for a wide range of applications and media, maintenance-free
- Cold and hot water, steam, nitrogen oxides, gas, air, oil, chemicals and various acids
Check valves are primarily used to fully close the passage of a circulating (gaseous or fluid) medium in one direction and to simultaneously allow free passage in the other direction. As two-port valves, they feature two openings in the body, one by which the fluid can enter, and one by which it can leave.
Facts Check Valves
- Threaded, flanged or closable check valves designs
- Depending on the check valve design: suitable for water, non-aggressive liquids and gases, steam, condensate
- Depending on the check valve: universal, horizontal or vertical mounting
Knife gate valves
Knife gate valves are characterized by an interior blade that rises and falls by means of a shank. This operating principle allows it to efficiently “cut” the fluid. Knife gate valves are ideal for systems that transport fluids with a high solids content, which are difficult or impossible to close by means of conventional valves.
Facts Knife Gate Valves
- Cast iron, cast stainless steel, and ductile iron knife gate valve models
- Suitable for up to 10 bar, maximum temperature 100 °C
- Threaded, flanged, between flanges and models with weld ends
KLINGER plug valves operate with the same principle used by ball valves. They feature cylindrical or conical “plugs” with one or more hollow passageways. Rotating these plugs inside the valve body allows the operator to control the flow of the medium through the valve. KLINGER plug valves are typically used for opening / closing functions as well as for flow deviation, which is due to their multiport configuration capabilities. Amongst others, plug valves can be used for fluids with suspended solids.
Facts Plug Valves
- Flanged, threaded, multi-way plug valve models
Diaphragm / Pinch valves
Diaphragm valves are characterized by a straight passage design, and are typically used with corrosive or abrasive fluids. This valve type may be either coated or feature a liner inside the body. Combined with the diaphragm, they are capable of performing their intended function with minimal wear.
Pinch valves are typically used in applications where the media need to be completely isolated from internal valve parts. The sleeve holds the flow medium, and subsequently isolates it from the environment, thus significantly reducing contamination. Pinch valves are found in abrasive and corrosive applications, slurries or processes with entrained solids. The latter is due to the fact that the flexible rubber sleeve is capable of closing drop-tight around the solids.
Facts Diaphragm / Pinch Valves
- Suitable for corrosive and abrasive fluids
- Minimal wear
Safety valves and discs
Safety valves or relief valves are designed to relieve pressure when a fluid exceeds a pre-set limit. Their function is to counter a possible rupture of the protected system or the failure of a device or pipeline as a result of excessive pressure.
Facts Safety Valves and Discs
- Fail-safe, pressure-relief function
Bellow seal valves
Bellow valves feature a metal bellows, usually cylindrical in shape, to protect against stem leakage. Functioning like a vertical diaphragm, it seals with the valve stem and the valve body itself. This type of valve is used to minimize air pollution, losses in production, problems in the process and energy losses.
Facts Bellow Seal Valves
- Used in combination with heat transfer media, vacuum, highly hazardous or costly fluids
A control valve is used to manage the flow of a fluid by varying the flow passage volume. As a consequence, variables such as the pressure, temperature and fluid level can be directly controlled. KLINGER offers control valves that utilize the same wear parts as ball valves as well as segment control valves suitable for flow and pressure control.
Facts Control Valves
- Control valve portfolio includes both control valves and segment control valves
- Wide control range
- Depending on control valve model, regulation of steam, liquids (in combination with KLINGER ball valves) and slurry, powder and paper pulp
Actuators use electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic energy to open and close elements of a valve. KLINGER offers a wide range of actuators as well as actuator accessories, including 90° electrical actuators, pneumatic actuators (90°, 120°, 180°), actuators for diaphragm valves, butterfly, solenoid and ball valves as well as position indicators, silencers and switch boxes.
- Application: ball valves, butterfly valves, customs taps and 3-way valves
- Electical or pneumatic actuators
- Rotating actuators 90°, 120° or 180°